The Honest Trailer has arrived for the highest-grossing film of all time, Avengers: Endgame.
“Remember when a movie just… ended? And your imagination had to take over? Ugh, sounds exhausting,” says Epic Voice Over Guy in the highly anticipated Honest Trailer. He’s referring, of course, to the sequel, lead-up-to, franchise building of it all, which has become normal now in mainstream tentpoles. Indeed, as much as Endgame was an epic “conclusion,” it’s the kick-off for a plethora of Marvel content Disney is lining up.
Grief, loss, guilt, depression and despair are the thematical orders of the day in the Marvel epic, as the trailer below points out. Of course, a big factor is the film’s big time-jumping narrative. “Now, the Avengers must band together to do what every big franchise does when it writes itself into a corner: time travel.” Endgame‘s various attempts of explaining said time travel is hilarious when looked at one after another.
A massive film like this has a lot that you an tear apart when looking closely, but as the voice over says:”In a world where everyone hates Game of thrones now, everyone’s worried about Star Wars, and J.K. Rowling won’t stop crapping on the floor of her legacy, it’s a minor miracle we got a satisfaction conclusion to a global nerd franchise.”
Check out some of the other Honest Trailers we’ve covered:
- Honest Trailer for ‘Game of Thrones’ Ending is Brutally Honest
- 300th Honest Trailer Tackles the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- The Honest Trailer for ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Has Arrived
- Watch the Bizarre Honest Trailer a Robot Made for Honest Trailers
- Watch the Hilarious Honest Trailer for ‘A Star is Born’
- ‘Aquaman’ Receives a Very Funny Honest Trailer
- Ryan Reynolds Voices the ‘Deadpool’ Honest Trailer