Take a look at two great behind-the-scenes featurettes for Baby Driver, the upcoming music-fuelled crime pic from Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz).
Ansel Elgort plays Baby, a young getaway driver that is constantly listening to music through his earphones. The reason, as explained by Kevin Spacey’s crime boss, Doc: “He has a hum in the drum. Plays music to drown it out.” When Baby meets the girl of his dreams (Lily James), he wants out of the game. Of course, it won’t be easy.
Jon Bernthal, Eiza González, Jon Hamm, and Jamie Foxx also star in Wright’s ambitious new film, which may have a familiar-sounding plot, but it’s driven by the filmmaker’s energetic sensibilities – this time focused around the music.
“The whole movie was actually written around the soundtrack,” Elgort says in the first featurette, which focuses on the musical elements of the heist film.
“The script came with a little thumb drive with the music attached,” adds Jon Hamm.
The second featurette give us a look at some of the vehicular mayhem on offer in the film. Elgort took on stunt driving lessons so that he could do as many of his own stunts as possible. Check him out tearing up tyres below.
And if you’re after the complete track list… scroll down…
Baby Driver, also starring Jon Bernthal, Eiza González, and Jamie Foxx, speeds onto the U.S. screens on June 28 and races into Australian cinemas on July 13.
Synopsis for Baby Driver:
A talented, young getaway driver (Ansel Elgort) relies on the beat of his personal soundtrack to be the best in the game. When he meets the girl of his dreams (Lily James), Baby sees a chance to ditch his criminal life and make a clean getaway. But after being coerced into working for a crime boss (Kevin Spacey), he must face the music when a doomed heist threatens his life, love and freedom.
Baby Driver track list:
- “Bellbottoms” – Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
- “Harlem Shuffle” – Bob & Earl
- “Egyptian Reggae” – Jonathan Richman & The Modern Lovers
- “Smokey Joe’s La La” – Googie Rene
- “Let’s Go Away For Awhile” – The Beach Boys
- “B-A-B-Y” – Carla Thomas”
- “Kashmere” – Kashmere Stage Band
- “Unsquare Dance” – Dave Brubeck
- “Neat Neat Neat” – The Damned
- “Easy” (Single Version) – The Commodores
- “Debora” – T. Rex
- “Debra” – Beck
- “Bongolia” – Incredible Bongo Band
- “Baby Let Me Take You (in My Arms)” – The Detroit Emeralds
- “Early In The Morning” – Alexis Korner
- “The Edge” – David McCallum
- “Nowhere To Run” – Martha Reeves & The Vandellas
- “Tequila” – The Button Down Brass
- “When Something Is Wrong With My Baby” – Sam & Dave
- “Every Little Bit Hurts” – Brenda Holloway
- “Intermission” – Blur
- “Hocus Pocus” (Original Single Version) – Focus
- “Radar Love” (1973 Single Edit) – Golden Earring
- “Never, Never Gone Give Ya Up” – Barry White
- “Know How” – Young MC
- “Brighton Rock” – Queen
- “Easy” – Sky Ferreira
- “Baby Driver” – Simon & Garfunkel
- “Was He Slow” (Credit Roll Version) – Kid Koala
- “Chase Me” – Danger Mouse featuring Run The Jewels and Big Boi