“We’re discussing stuff.”
That’s all that needs to be posted with a picture of bigtime producer Jason Blum and star Jamie Lee Curtis to get Halloween fans into a frenzy. Yes, it looks like we could be in for another Halloween film; discussions seemingly revealed with the following image Blum shared to Twitter.
— Jason Blum (@jason_blum) June 5, 2019
So… yes, maybe they were just talking about toys (Curtis showed off another shot of the figure on Instagram). But shhhh…. let’s go with it being a Halloween sequel.
Blum was the primary force behind last year’s Halloween, which ignored previous reboots and sequels and served as a direct sequel to the original 1978 horror classic. Blum got David Gordon Green (Pineapple Express, Stronger) to direct from a screenplay written by Green, Danny McBride and Jeff Fradley, and the result was a big success.
2018’s Halloween pulled in $US255.4 million in worldwide box office receipts, a result made all the more impressive when you look at the film’s budget: $US10 million. It’s the highest-grossing film in the horror franchise, which has 11 films in total.
No word on who, if anyone, from the creative team would be returning. In December 2018 Curtis said that she would happily return if Green asked her to, telling EW:
“I’d be happy to do it, sure. This was an extraordinary experience. David was a fantastic director, writer, but obviously this 2018, 40th anniversary, was Laurie’s story, and obviously there are now other people’s stories that would need to get told. But Laurie’s story was told beautifully this year, and I would have no way of knowing how they would incorporate her into future.”