A big one for Netflix here. Take a look above at the three-and-a-half-minute official teaser trailer that’s arrived for Zack Snyder‘s (Man of Steel, 300) highly anticipated science-fantasy two-parter, Rebel Moon.
What is Rebel Moon‘s plot? Here’s Netflix’s official synopsis:
From Zack Snyder, the filmmaker behind 300, Man of Steel, and Army of the Dead, comes REBEL MOON, an epic science-fantasy event decades in the making. When a peaceful colony on the edge of a galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of a tyrannical ruling force, Kora (Sofia Boutella), a mysterious stranger living among the villagers, becomes their best hope for survival. Tasked with finding trained fighters who will unite with her in making an impossible stand against the Mother World, Kora assembles a small band of warriors — outsiders, insurgents, peasants and orphans of war from different worlds who share a common need for redemption and revenge. As the shadow of an entire Realm bears down on the unlikeliest of moons, a battle over the fate of a galaxy is waged, and in the process, a new army of heroes is formed.
Who is in Rebel Moon‘s big cast and who do they play?
Apart from Boutella, the film’s ensemble includes:
- Ed Skrein as Admiral Atticus Noble, a nefarious Imperium enforcer; Charlie Hunnam as Kai, a mercenary pilot whose Tawau-Class freighter will prove invaluable to Kora’s quest
- Michiel Huisman as Gunnar, a Veldt farmer who knows little of the galaxy outside of his small, quiet corner of the galaxy
- Djimon Hounsou as General Titus, a hardened gladiator who once served the Imperium
- Staz Nair as Tarak, a noble indentured servant who shares a bond with a flying creature called a Bennu
- Bae Doona as Nemesis, a cyborg sword master whose mechanical hands allow her to wield molten-metal weapons
- Ray Fisher as Darrian Bloodaxe, an insurgent who has been harrying the Imperium with guerilla attacks
- E. Duffy as Milius, a refugee who seeks justice for their home — a colony that has already fallen to the Mother World
- Anthony Hopkins, who can be heard in the trailer and is credited on IMDb as Jimmy (Voice)
Zack Snyder is director, but who else is in Rebel Moon‘s behind-the-scenes team?
This is most certainly Snyder’s baby. The filmmaker serves as Rebel Moon‘s director, co-writer, producer, and director of photography.
The screenplay was co-written by Kurt Johnstad (300, Atomic Blonde) and Shay Hatten (Army of the Dead, John Wick: Chapter 4).
Editor is Dody Dorn (Army of the Dead, Zack Snyder’s Justice League) and the film’s music was composed by Tom Holkenborg (aka Junkie XL).
When will Rebel Moon‘s two parts be released on Netflix?
The first part, titled Rebel Moon Part 1: A Child of Fire, will land on Netflix on December 22nd. The second part, titled Rebel Moon Part 2: The Scargiver, will be released on Netflix on April 19th, 2024.