Australia: Here’s your complete schedule of AUGUST release dates for streaming service DISNEY+, with trailers included!
After more Australian streaming release schedules? Also check out the AUGUST line-ups for NETFLIX, AMAZON PRIME VIDEO, BINGE, STAN, SHUDDER, and BRITBOX.
Interested in signing up to Disney+? Support Screen Realm by joining Disney+ through our affiliate link RIGHT HERE (we receive a small commission for every sign-up).
- Lightyear – Disney+ Premiere
The definitive origin story of Buzz Lightyear, the hero who inspired the toy, “Lightyear” follows the legendary Space Ranger after he’s marooned on a hostile planet 4.2 million light-years from Earth alongside his commander and their crew. As Buzz tries to find a way back home through space and time, he’s joined by a group of ambitious recruits and his charming robot companion cat, Sox. Complicating matters and threatening the mission is the arrival of Zurg, an imposing presence with an army of ruthless robots and a mysterious agenda.
- Marvel Studios Assembled: The Making of Ms. Marvel – Disney+ Original
- The Villains of Valley View: Season 1 – New Episodes
- The Ghost and Molly McGee: Season 1 – New Episodes
- Prey – STAR Original Movie, Premiere
Set in the Comanche Nation 300 years ago, “Prey” is the story of a young woman, Naru, a fierce and highly skilled warrior. She has been raised in the shadow of some of the most legendary hunters who roam the Great Plains, so when danger threatens her camp, she sets out to protect her people. The prey she stalks, and ultimately confronts, turns out to be a highly evolved alien predator with a technically advanced arsenal, resulting in a vicious and terrifying showdown between the two adversaries.
- The Lion King- Sing-Along Version
- The Lion King II: Simba’s Pride- Sing-Along Version
- I Am Groot – Disney+ Original Collection Of Shorts, Premiere
There’s no guarding the galaxy from this mischievous toddler! So get ready as Baby Groot takes center stage in his very own collection of shorts, exploring his glory days growing up—and getting into trouble—among the stars. “I Am Groot,” five original shorts featuring several new and unusual characters, stars everyone’s favorite little tree, Baby Groot, voiced by Vin Diesel who voices Groot in the “Guardians of the Galaxy” franchise.
- Maggie: Season 1 – Episode 1 & 2, STAR Original
- This Fool – Season 1, STAR Original
Inspired by the life and stand-up of star and co-creator Chris Estrada, “This Fool” is an irreverent, cinematic half-hour comedy set in working class South Los Angeles. The show centers around Julio Lopez, a 30-year-old who still lives at home, has been dating his girlfriend on and off since high school and finds any excuse to avoid dealing with his own problems. Julio works at Hugs Not Thugs, a gang rehabilitation non-profit, where he butts heads with his older cousin Luis, an ex-gang member who just got out of prison and moved in with Julio and his family.
- She-Hulk: Attorney At Law – Disney+ Original Series
In Marvel Studios’ “She-Hulk: Attorney at Law,” Jennifer Walters (Tatiana Maslany)—an attorney specialising in superhuman-oriented legal cases—must navigate the complicated life of a single, 30-something who also happens to be a green 6-foot-7-inch super-powered hulk. The nine-episode comedy series welcomes a host of MCU vets, including Mark Ruffalo as Smart Hulk, Tim Roth as Emil Blonsky/the Abomination, and Benedict Wong as Wong, as well as Ginger Gonzaga, Josh Segarra, Jameela Jamil, Jon Bass and Renée Elise Goldsberry. Directed by Kat Coiro (Episodes 1, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9) and Anu Valia (Episodes 5, 6, 7) with Jessica Gao as head writer.
- Eureka!: Season 1, Series
- Beauty and the Beast: Sing-Along Version (1991)
- Beauty and the Beast: Sing-Along Version (2017)
- Tangled: Sing-Along Version
- High Strung: Free Dance
- Fearless: The Inside Story of the AFLW – Our first Australian Disney+ Original Series
Series Premiere “Fearless: The Inside Story of the AFLW” takes viewers on a raw and emotional journey into the dreams, struggles and triumphs of the groundbreaking AFLW league. In this six part series, we discover the courageous pioneers who were told they could never play Australian Rules football at the highest level and made it happen. From farmers to factory workers to paramedics, be amazed at the level of sacrifice and commitment required by this diverse group of athletes who are building an enduring legacy. The series spotlights four clubs – Adelaide Crows, Collingwood, GWS GIANTS and Western Bulldogs – with access to the game’s inner sanctum, which is both confronting and inspiring. Cameras were rolling in April 2022 capturing the historic victory of the Adelaide Crows – taking their third AFLW premiership. “Fearless: The Inside Story of the AFLW” is the first of Disney+ Australia’s local production slate for 2022/23, featuring nine titles spanning scripted drama, documentaries, lifestyle and factual entertainment genres.
- Mike – STAR Original Series, Premiere
From creator/screenwriter Steven Rogers and the team behind “I, Tonya” and showrunner Karin Gist, executive producer of “Our Kind of People”, “Mike” explores the dynamic and controversial story of Mike Tyson. The 8-episode limited series explores the tumultuous ups and downs of Tyson’s boxing career and personal life – from being a beloved global athlete to a pariah and back again. Focusing the lens on Mike Tyson, the series examines class in America, race in America, fame and the power of media, misogyny, the wealth divide, the promise of the American Dream and ultimately our own role in shaping Mike’s story.
“Mike” stars Trevante Rhodes and Russell Hornsby, with guest stars Harvey Keitel, Laura Harrier, Li Eubanks, Olunike Adeliyi, and B.J. Minor.
- Million Dollar Moon Rock Heist, Documentary
- The Bear – STAR Original Series, Premiere
All Episodes “The Bear” follows Carmen “Carmy” Berzatto (Jeremy Allen White), a young chef from the fine dining world, who comes home to Chicago to run his family sandwich shop – The Original Beef of Chicagoland – after a heartbreaking death in his family. A world away from what he’s used to, Carmy must balance the soul-crushing realities of small business ownership, his strong-willed and recalcitrant kitchen staff and his strained familial relationships, all while grappling with the impact of his brother’s suicide. “The Bear” is about food, family, the insanity of the grind, the beauty of Sense of Urgency and the steep slippery downsides. As Carmy fights to transform both The Original Beef of Chicagoland and himself, he works alongside a rough-around-the-edges kitchen crew that ultimately reveal themselves as his chosen family.
- PJ Masks: Season 5, Series
- Alice’s Wonderland Bakery: Season 1 – New episodes 10 August and 17 August
- American Dad: Season 17 – New episodes weekly on Wednesday
- Big Mouth: New episodes weekly on Friday
- Black Rock Shooter Dawn Fall: Season 1 – New episodes weekly, finale 10 August
- Breeders: Season 3: New episodes weekly on Wednesday, finale 10 August
- Family Guy: Season 20 – New episodes weekly on Wednesday
- The Files of Young Kindaichi: Season 1- New episodes weekly on Wednesday, finale 10 August
- High School Musical: The Musical: The Series: Season 3 – New episodes weekly on Wednesday
- Lost Man Found – New episodes weekly on Sunday, finale 28 August
- The Old Man: Season 1 – New episodes weekly on Wednesday, finale 17 August
- Only Murders in the Building: Season 2 – New episodes weekly on Tuesday, finale 16 August
- Men on a Mission: Season 1- Season return, new episodes weekly on Wednesdays
- Solar Opposites: Season 3 – New episodes weekly on Wednesday, finale 31 August
- Summer Time Rendering: Season 1 – New episodes weekly on Wednesday
- Tomorrow, I’ll Be Someone’s Girlfriend: Season 1 – New episodes weekly on Wednesday